Amazing Applications - build Dynamics 365, Power Apps and Power BI apps that everyone will love
Dynamics 365 for Talent with Ana Inés Urrutia de Souza
Sep 14, 2020
Join me with Ana Inés Urrutia de Souza, a Dynamics 365 HR consultant at FourVision and a rising star in our Power Platform community. Ana shares the story behind the amazing Dynamics 365 for Talent application her team deployed at Centria, in Lima, Peru.
- Ana came from an HR administrator role and today is an HR application functional consultant at FourVision.
- Ana's project team created a Dynamics 365 for Talent companion app using Power Apps to enhance the recruiting process at Centria.
- HR departments and their applications are often treated as a cost to the organisation.
- This is slowly changing but sometimes HR professionals could do more to improve how they are perceived.
- COVID-19 has presented HR professionals with an opportunity to lead their company's culture.
- It took a small team of just three people to build the Power App.
- Part-way through the project, the client asked for robotic process automation (RPA) to help improve the efficiency of their HR processes.
- At the end of the project, Microsoft announced that Dynamics 365 for Talent was being deprecated.
- The client wasn't happy, of course, but they are able to use Talent Attract and Onboard until 2022.
- The upside of Microsoft's changing product strategies is that Microsoft partners have become more flexible in their thinking and approaches.
- Configuring Dynamics 365 for Talent was relatively easy. The hardest part of the project was integrating the Power App with SAP, which involved a dependency on another team.
- The project's success was assisted by Ana's HR career background which helped her empathise with her stakeholders.
- There was very open and transparent communication between the project team and its stakeholders that built trust.
- A third factor that contributed to the app's success was the confidence and leadership of the HR general manager (who had been Ana's former co-worker).
Connect with Ana
LinkedIn: Ana Inés Urrutia de Souza
Support the show (https://buymeacoffee.com/amazingapps)